Month: October 2013
Video Posted on Updated on
VTV (Trở về từ ký ức 22)
“There Is Evil in Every Human Heart” and Seven Other Story Ideas from Nathaniel Hawthorne’s Note-Books
- Our body to be possessed by two different spirits; so that half of the visage shall express one mood, and the other half another.
- An old English sea-captain desires to have a fast-sailing ship, to keep a good table, and to sail between the tropics without making land.
- A rich man left by will his mansion and estate to a poor couple. They remove into it, and find there a darksome servant, whom they are forbidden by will to turn away. He becomes a torment to them; and, in the finale, he turns out to be the former master of the estate.
- Two persons to be expecting some occurrence, and watching for the two principal actors in it, and to find that the occurrence is even then passing, and that they themselves are the two actors.
- There is evil in every human heart, which may remain latent, perhaps, through the whole of life; but circumstances…
View original post 209 more words
It is fun to think about where we will be in a year, 10 years, 30 years, 50 years. Who knows? In only two short weeks, however, I can say for certain that I will be on a plane destined for Spain. At times I think “Let’s get this party started!” Then, a bit later, I think “whoa, I have a list of people I do not know, will stay with a random family’s home that I will share for a few months, will attend a school I am unfamiliar with, and will have to communicate using a language I do not speak. Oh and I have to fit my closet into a 25-inch suitcase. What am I doing?” I would be…
View original post 168 more words
When Steve Jobs took the stage to introduce the iPad in 2010, he did something that he had never done in past presentations: He moved stage right and sat down in a big easy chair.
From there, with the iPad in his hands, he showed off what his company’s new tablet could do. He used this easy chair as a metaphor. For the first time, computing had moved from a sit-at-your-desk or use-on-your-lap mode to one in which the iPad, a portable piece of glass with a computer behind it, could be easily used just about anywhere.
He also made it very clear to the world that the iPad’s real glory came from it being a consumption device. He showed how it could be used to consume information, music, movies and games. He did not give any indication that that it could or should be used for anything other than…
View original post 1,083 more words
Lady Borton (SN 1942 tại Hoa Kỳ). 1969 – 1971 làm cho chương trình cứu trợ Quaker tại Quảng Ngãi. Đại diện tổ chức Quaker ở Hà Nội từ đầu 1980 tới giữa thập kỷ qua.
Nổi tiếng vì nhiều bài báo, và tác phẩm về Việt Nam như: Hồ Chí Minh- một chân dung, Tiếp sau nỗi buồn, Cảm nhận kẻ thù, Hồ Chí Minh- một hành trình …
Lady còn biên dịch các sách Điểm hẹn lịch sử – của Đại tướng Võ Nguyên Giáp, Nhật ký Đặng Thùy Trâm, Tuổi trẻ Võ Nguyên Giáp, Vừa đi đường vừa kể chuyện của T. Lan … ra tiếng Anh.
Đặc biệt, trong một lần lang thang đi kiếm tìm tư liệu tại tòa Lưu trữ Quốc gia Hoa Kỳ, bà đã phát hiện ra tấm cards của Đại tướng Võ Nguyên Giáp, lúc ông còn đương chức Bộ…
View original post 1,922 more words
Murmurs of a BBM app becoming available to iPhone and Android users stretch all the way back to at least March of 2011. Then glitches delayed its release about a month ago. Better late than never, as they say: the BBM app is rolling out for iPhone and Android today.
The news comes straight from the horse’s mouth. According to BlackBerry’s own blog, those of you who signed up earlier this year to be notified of the rollout can apparently go to BBM.com from your phone’s browser or use the links below to get started. “If you didn’t sign up in advance, don’t worry – we are focused on moving millions of customers through the line as fast as possible,” says BlackBerry.
Here are the direct links to the app:
View original post 4 more words